Friday 10 August 2012

Alone

I struggled tonight.
Eagerly waiting.
For what or whom,
I am too confused to know.

Trying to clasp the tiny wisps of Hope
Forever evasive.
A tangible dread slowly rises,
Bitter, mystic gathering of images
Flash before my eyes.
I'm oblivious to the pain.

Where is my refuge?
Is this the sanctuary I dreamed?

A sudden voluminous velvet of darkness billows in the wind,
I succumb to the blackness.
Too helpless to fight it.
                                                      Emptiness surrounds me like a blanket.
                                                         My sanctuary shatters.

                                                                  I sobbed and sobbed.

                                                                 And outside the window,
                                                                The night is still silent.


                                                                                                                                 ((( august 10.2012.friday.1319hrs)))

 
 
image courtesy of we heart it.com

1 comment:

  1. Very unfortunate.
    Hope is all she needs.
    When I am weak, be my strength.
    When I am lost, be my guide.
    When I am blind, be my sight.
    Hope in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete