Monday 29 October 2012

Reasons to Believe

To whom do you look forward to waking up each day?  What is the reason for your smile? Very simple questions that makes you pause and fumble for answers. 

Strange, ain't it that we go through our days with abandon.  All part of a routine: wake up, take a bath, eat, dress up, go to school or work, go home then sleep. 

In a world that's moving so fast, you remain frozen : at a standstill. Unable to cope with the changes. Like a square peg in a round hole. Totally mismatched. 

A dismal show of courage. When you experience turbulence in your life, it's hard to hold on to a sliver of hope. Hope is like a speck of light in the horizon, too far ahead to ever get hold of.

So you get on with life day to day.   And at some point, when you least expect it, everything crashes in on you. All the disappointments, the feeling of being powerless, buffeted by a wall of helplessness. It is quite staggering. And the scalding tears burns from the soul. 

When a person you know seems jaded, you don't know how to react nor the right things to say. How would you uplift someone who's made up their mind about certain things.

Says a local celebrity who just suffered a loss of a love one, "It's not only What We Eat but What's Eating us that matters." 
 

But getting through a loss, or disappointment differs from person to person. You can't just deliver a well-rehearsed speech on Positivity, blah, blah, blah expecting that everybody will react to the way you expect them to. We react differently. Some bounce back fast, some don't. It takes years to rebuild oneself.

It's a never ending battle with oneself.  To try to get past the negativity. The inner turmoil that boils within is hard to contain when you don't see any reason to go on. Or perhaps have people in your life that not only support you but understand where you're coming from because they've been there too. 

And you say, To whom do I look forward to each day? 

To everything that matters.  And if it's in abysmal state, then to Life itself. 




2 comments:

  1. I'm try to keep anything night ...
    But u know what .....
    Anytime I'm in google+ I'm never handle my heart and my tears
    I'm writer by my tears and my iPad all wet all time
    Just don't writer anything about me no more ....pl
    One day after I call u and I make sure already . U is Wilson ..
    U know what " I almost suicide" my self ..
    If I don't think , I still get one left and wait for me .
    That why my return u hard way. On by talk ...
    Bcoz nothing can come from the true.....truth.... And believe. By the way I'm believe u before !!!! That why ....u see the way I am.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for u team !!!!
    Sorry for u too..
    Now I'm understan everything !!!!
    One step I'm lean now.
    If u get the last point.
    The true ...and tears from deep inside .
    Then all u lost all think...

    ReplyDelete