Thursday 18 October 2012

Winter Sonata



How does a broken heart continue to hope?
How will I stop myself to dream of you
When my soul seek yours
The moment I arise.

 How can I not miss you
When the very thought of you 
Spirals me into a world
Where nothing exists but you and me.

How can I stop the heart from longing.
When the simple radiance of a song
Speaks your name even in my dreams.
Crashing my heart into tiny, million pieces.

And all through these sleepless nights,
I find misery sleeping by my side.


Such a sad, sad tale
When a heart that loves so real
Is nothing but a dying ember.



((( asheil.march 26,2012.monday.1239hrs.)))

 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and melancholic, Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @William: ja, it is indeed Bill. I wrote that after listening to a soap opera theme song about broken promises. It was a melancholic melody indeed. no words, just pure orchestra masterpiece..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pixie, what an emotional poem...
    It is amazing how films and music can inspire the ink in our poems.

    Loved reading this piece. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jenny: music does evoke powerful emotions. sometimes more so than any other words. ;)

    ReplyDelete